You don't actually have to take the quiz. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point, an awesome one. .....
Take this quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. Pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life.
Coffee art, coffee pictures, inter...
A disciple of Buddha, said, “Oh Master! I have a request to make.” Buddha: “What is it; tell me?” Disciple: “My robe is wo...
Self confidence is the difference between feeling unstoppable and feeling scared out of your wits. Your perception of yourself has an enormo...
Next time someone starts to spread gossip, think of this: In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. On...
1) God has Four gifts for u: A Key for every Problem,a Light for every Shadow,a Plan for every Tomorrow & a Joy for every Sorrow.Enjoy G...
A Silent Love (Author: Unknown ) Key words: Love Story, touching words, family From the very beginning, the girl's family objected st...
Key words.Family, parents, old man, gradfather, grandson, touching strory A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law,...
Jack and Max are walking from religious service. Jack wonders whether it would be all right to smoke while praying. Max replies...
BE A MAN OF YOUR WORD A successful and strong relationship is one that is built on trust and dependability. If you tell a woman that you ...
A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorsel...