BRAIN TEASERS


1. What is the easiest way to throw a ball, have it stop, and completely reverse direction after traveling a short distance?

2. What is at the beginning of eternity, the end of time, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?

3. When things go wrong, what can you always count on?

4. What is always behind you but you can never touch it?

5. I am never the first to speak but I am always the last to be heard. Who am I?

6. We were born of the same mother, on the same day, at the same hour and in the same year. Yet we are not twins. How do you explain this?

7. Two fathers and two sons were seated round a table. There were four apples on the table. Each of them took one apple and ate it entirely yet there was still one apple left on the table. How was this possible?

8. Before Mount Everest was discovered which was the highest mountain in the world?

9. Here everything is not always in order. For example, Friday comes before Thursday, the cart comes before the horse, the driver comes before the employer. Where are we?

10. When I am alive I stay put where I am. It is only when I am dead that I move about here and there. Who am I?

11. How can you be behind a person when that person is also behind you?



Answers below – change font color
  1. Throw the ball straight up
  2. ‘e’
  3. Your fingers
  4. The past
  5. An echo.
  6. They are triplets.
  7. There were only three persons at the table comprising a grandfather, his son and his grandson.
  8. Mount Everest, of course. It was always there!
  9. In a dictionary.
  10. A leaf.
  11. Put yourself back to back of each other.

Comments