Effective communication....Funny story

Jack and Max are walking from religious service. Jack
wonders whether it would be all right to smoke while
praying.
Max replies, "Why don't you ask the Priest?" So Jack
goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I smoke
while I pray?" But the Priest says, "No, my son, you
may not. That's utter disrespect to our religion."
Jack goes back to his friend and tells him what the
good Priest told him. Max says, "I'm not surprised.
You asked the wrong question. Let me try." And so Max
goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I pray
while I smoke?" To which the Priest eagerly replies,
"By all means, my son. By all means."
Moral : The reply you get depends on the question you
ask.
For Example : Can I work on this project while I'm on
vacation ?

Comments

Reni Kuruvilla,George said…
The story is excellent. It helped me begin a class on communication effectively. Thanks
Unknown said…
Me too.. the story helped me in my class too..
Unknown said…
Me too.. the story helped me in my class too..